Kelley Blue Book names the best automotive technology of 2021 | 2021-01-15
Jan. 15, 2021 — Kelley Blue Book recently released its list of the top 10 automotive technologies of 2021, highlighting some of the most innovative in-car features that are set to become industry staples, according to a press release.
Several featured features, including connected mobile apps, teen driver technology, wireless smartphone charging and stolen vehicle tracking software, have been designed to make life on the road easier and avoid driver distraction.
The full list includes:
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Automatic emergency braking (AEB)
- Connected mobile apps / digital key: Apps that can remotely lock and unlock doors, check fuel level and tire pressure, and even start the car remotely, are expected to remain popular.
- Teen Driver Technology: The technology, exclusive to General Motors, allows owners to be notified if the car is moving at a certain speed or if seat belts are not in use, and to set a volume limit on the audio system.
- Exit warnings to protect cyclists
- Smartphone wireless charging and connectivity
- 360 degree cameras: Cameras on either side of the car will allow a virtual top-to-bottom view of a vehicle’s surroundings
- Video mirrors
- Stolen Vehicle Tracking Software: Built-in tracking technology will find the exact location of a vehicle for law enforcement to recover.
- Blind Spot Vision Monitors